Arrupe Jesuit University invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of a Deputy Registrar Administration, Human Resources and Marketing.
Arrupe Jesuit University (AJU), is a newly inaugurated Roman Catholic Church institution, owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in Africa and Madagascar. AJU is a fast growing university with new academic programmes being introduced ranging from BA and MA philosophy, new programmes in education, transformational leadership, and ICT. AJU is the first English-speaking Jesuit university in Africa, which was started as Arrupe College in 1994 as an associate college of the University of Zimbabwe, and transformed into an independent university in December 2017.
Job Purpose: The main purpose of the job of the Deputy Registrar Administration, Human Resources and Marketing is to ensure proper planning and management of office procedures, management of all support staff, planning and management of the marketing strategy and staff, and management of all administrative and human resources procedures and processes.
The Deputy Registrar is also responsible for planning (creating key performance targets for the University), coordinating operations within the plan to make sure work is being done effectively, properly training staff and keeping them motivated, conducting performance reviews and meetings, positively representing the University at corporate meetings, and making sure the plant is a safe and clean environment for students, workers, management, and visitors. The Deputy Registrar is also responsible for ensuring the overall morale of the University students and staff; ensuring constant communication and strict professional and ethical conduct amongst workers.
University administration is a diverse business; it includes registry, human resources, finance, estates, marketing, public relations, conferences and catering, course administration in departments and numerous other activities.
The Deputy Registrar Administration, HR and Marketing reports directly to the Registrar.
Deputy Registrar Administration, Human Resources and Marketing Job Duties:
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of administrative and management procedures and processes;
- Planning and managing recruitment and supervision of support staff;
- Creating agendas and managing administration meetings with management and/or with staff;
- Managing the maintenance and repairs of the University assets and properties;
- Communicating with relevant agencies to apply for study permits for foreign students, temporary employment permits for foreign staff; and facilitate bookings and purchase of travel itineraries for students and staff;
- Assisting the Registrar in all matters to do with administration, HR management and marketing.
- Assisting in planning and arranging events, including University assemblies, graduations and anniversaries;
- Managing the purchase, maintenance, repairs and usage of vehicles and fuel;
- Maintaining stock lists, and orders office supplies as needed;
- Managing staff expense requests; and Maintaining accurate records for employee leave and off-days requests; Managing and recording data on staff allowances;
- Managing and recommending to management staff recruitment, promotions, discipline or dismissal.
Skills and Qualifications:
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
At least Master of Business Administration or equivalent degree in relevant field.
Qualifications in Marketing and Human Resources management will be added advantage.
Senior administrative function in some registered institution or company.
Expected qualities: Strong attention to detail; ability to work without supervision; ability to make courageous decisions in the interest of the institution; excellent time management skills; exceptional communication and customer service skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office programs; strong prioritisation and organisation skills; ability to handle confidential information; strong record keeping skills; ability to multi-task.
The closing date for applications is on or before 20th November 2018. Only successful applicants will be contacted.