Different ways to work as a lecturer or professor at Arrupe College
Arrupe College is constantly searching for inspirational, highly motivated, academically inclined and spiritually grounded individuals to teach in our programs. There are three different categories of faculty members. (1) Jesuits from all over the world, and most especially from within Africa who are highly trained in philosophies, humanities, ICT, English, Portuguese, Latin, French, Kiswahili, political science, Law and human rights, business administration, Islamic studies and so on. We welcome Jesuits who would like to spend their sabbatical months or years teaching in our program. (2) Members of religious congregations who are trained in various fields who would like to contribute to our academic programs. (3) Anyone, irrespective of religious or political affiliation who is motivated to work in our program.
JOB VACANCY: SHONA LECTURER
Arrupe College, an Associate College of the University of Zimbabwe, seeks a Shona Lecturer
Three Hours weekly of Shona lectures to foreign students. The candidate is expected to prepare lesson notes, give assignments, mark assignments and examinations. Also he/she should come to school on time.
The candidate is expected to have a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Shona Language or an equivalent in education. Also, the candidate should have a minimum of two years teaching experience, especially in Shona.
Teaching Shona to foreigners or to children; basic computer skills and the use of ICT in language teaching.
Send CV to email@example.com
Job vacancy: Accounts assistant
A tertiary educational institution invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Accounts Assistant. The Accounts Assistant will report to the College Bursar.
The main responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant include, but are not restricted to:
- Posting of daily receipts and payments on Pastel Partner
- Cash and bank reconciliations
- Payroll administration on Belina
- Preparation of statutory returns such as NSSA, PAYE and withholding tax
- Assisting in preparation of budgets, financial and management reports and the year-end audit
The candidate should have:
- Minimum Qualifications
- Diploma in Accounting or be at the minimum a part-qualified certified or chartered accountant
- At least 2 years hands on experience in the finance department of a registered institution.
- Knowledge and skills
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Proficiency in all applications of MS Office (particularly MS Excel) and accounting packages, especially Pastel Partner and Belina payroll. Any experience in a similar role in an educational institution is an advantage.
Please send your application letter and CV to:
before 20th October 2017
Different ways to work in Administration
In AC, there are always possibilities of working in administration. We are always searching for highly trained individuals in university administration, accounting, business management, library science. We also accept volunteers or those in Industrial Attachments in different areas of our administration.
Ways you can serve in our program
We welcome lecturers and professors from all over the world who would like to spend their sabbatical months or years in our program. Again, we welcome volunteers from all over the world who would like to help in any of our programs. Contact us for details.