Counselling internship 2006 -2007 at Trinity Counselling Training Centre. I did crisis counselling with Katrina Post traumatic clients in St . Bernard Parish, Lower 9th Ward, Upper 9th Ward in New Orleans. I also counselling couples, children, Bipolar and Psychotic clients during my internship till August 2007.
My counselling internship involved client intake, client notes progress, client evaluation, client counselling, client referrals to various relevant professionals as determined by the needs of each client. I did family couple counselling, individual counselling, group counselling. In addition to this I did play therapy with children who need counselling. With families I did psychodrama therapy.U
History of University Teaching
Lecturer at Arrupe College Since 2007
- Personality :Theories and Dynamics
- Family system and family therapy
- Contemporary Theological Issues
- Religious Education
- Oral Communication
- Communication and Methodology
- Afro centric psychology
- Major Thinker in Psychology – Freud.
Zimbabwe Open University 1995-2005
- Curriculum Development
- Government Education Policy
- Leadership and supervision
- Directed undergraduate and post graduate dissertations
- Did Guidance and Counselling with students
Lecturer with Zimbabwe open Univers
- Crisis Counselling
- Marriage Counselling
- Assessment in Counselling
- While at the University of Zambia I did some reading for blind students who were doing Law
- For the 17 years I taught in Secondary School at Loreto I did counselling with students and designed counselling programs used by the Midlands province schools
- I was superior of the Brothers of the Sacred Hear for 7 yeas.
- I lnitiated the building of a school for the poor in Rutenga where there were no schools now it is one of the best schools in the area.
I am fluent in English and Shona
I understand the following languages very well
Bemba, Nyanja, Sotho and Ndebele
8 Publications and Researches
I published a module for a Master of Science Degree in counselling entitle Perspectives in Afrocentric Counselling with Zimbabwe Open university in 2010.
Published articles in the Catholic Church Magazine:
Empathy with people with HIV and Aids 2009
Conflict between Confession and Counselling Psychology 2009
Presented a paper to the Catholic University of Zimbabwe entitled Challenges in Counselling University and College Students 2013
I have carried out a research in Bikita : Gender participation in cooperatives [not yet published] 2016
I am a doctoral student in Counselling Psychology with Zimbabwe Open University; My theses is entitled The Influence of Culture on Counselling the Shona People of Bikita.