- Chikutuma,T. & Mapolisa, T. (2013). An investigation into the rationale, clarity of polices and timeliness of the inclusion of ECD programmes in Gweru urban and peri-urban primary schools in Zimbabwe. Greener Journals of Educational Research 3(2): 059-063.
- Chikutuma, T. & Mawere, V.H (2013). Quality of education of Early Childhood Development Class B learners in Zimbabwe: Case Study of Gweru Primary Schools; International J. Soc. Sci. & Education 2013 Vol.3 Issue 2, ISSN: 2223-4934 E and 2227-393X Print 351
- Chikutuma, T. & Mawere, V. H. (2013) An analysis of the level of specialisation of the current Early Childhood Development (ECD) teachers and how well funded the programme is in Gweru urban and peri-urban primary schools– International J. Soc. Sci. & Education 2013 Vol.3 Issue 4, ISSN: 2223-4934 E and 2227-393X Print\ 1142
- Chikutuma, T. (2015) Nutrition Health and Safety in Early Childhood Development programmes in Harare-Zimbabwe. Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research Vol 17(1):50-66
- Chikutuma, T. (2015) Early Childhood Development policies in primary schools in Harare, Zimbabwe. The Dyke- Journal of The Midlands State University Vol 9 (1):
- Chikutuma, T. (2014) Guidance and Counselling in Early childhood Development programmes in Harare primary schools in Zimbabwe. The Journal of Issues and Practice in Education (The Open University of Tanzania).
- Mapolisa, T. & Chikutuma, T. (2015) Efficacious Strategies for Boosting Employee Commitment in Search Of Effective Staff Retention in Zimbabwe’s Public and Private Universities: Returnee Lecturers’ Lenses. Global Journal of Advanced Research. Vol 2 (8) 1324-1348
AREAS OF INTEREST/RESEARCH
- Guidance and counselling
- Early Childhood Development
- Psychology of Education
- Reading novels
- International post-graduate conference hosted by the Department of Inclusive Education and the Psychology of Education at the University of South Africa sponsored by the International Society for the Study of Behavioural Development (ISSBD) with poster presentation in September 2013 in South Africa.
- Poster presentation: The quality of Early Childhood Development programmes in Harare Primary schools in Zimbabwe: Shanghai China-July 2014
- Presented a paper on “Parental involvement in Early Childhood Development programmes in Harare primary schools in Zimbabwe” at the Zimbabwe International Research Symposium “RESEARCH FOR EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIO–ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION” held from the 12 to the 13th of February 2015 at the Harare Conference Centre.
- Presented a paper at the Research Intellectual Output- RIO-SET at NUST (2015) titled: The pastoral care of Early Childhood Development children in the mainline Christian churches in Harare-Zimbabwe
ARTICLES UNDER REVIEW
- Management and organisation of Early Childhood Development programmes in Harare primary schools is under review with the Dzimbahwe Journal (Masvingo State University-accepted for publication).
- The pastoral care of Early Childhood Development children in Harare mainline Christian churches-Zimbabwe (accepted for publication)
- Stakeholder partnerships in Early Childhood Development programmes in Harare primary schools in Zimbabwe (accepted for publication)
- Offering guidance and counselling to colleagues and students
- Assisting colleagues to come up with research articles and coordinating research activities at college
- Currently lecturing Philosophy of Education at Arrupe College
- Currently coordinating and lecturing research at Belvedere Technical Teachers’ College, part-time lecturing at the Women’s University In Africa, part-time tutoring of undergraduate students, External assessor with Zimbabwe Open University (Early Childhood Development, Primary and Secondary education programmes).
- Presented consultancy findings for UNICEF and the Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education in Zimbabwe, Global Partnerships Education Mid Term Review (GPE MTR) findings on the quality of education from ECD A to Grade 7 by June 2015.
- Supervising diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate research projects, 2005 to date
- Assessing students’ academic work and teaching practice supervision
- Facilitating academic writing among students
- Currently a module writer at the Zimbabwe Open University, an article publisher with peer reviewed international journals and a peer reviewer of journal articles, 2010 to date.
- Trained Early childhood Development teachers at Mkoba Teachers college, 2005-2010
- Headed and taught preschool children, taught primary and secondary school children 1996-2004