Writings and Publications
– The Relationship between God and the World in St. Thomas Aquinas M.A. Thesis
St. Louis University. (1981)
– The Nature and Place of Perfect Friendship in Aristotle’s Practical Philosophy PhD Thesis. Director: John M. Rist. University of Toronto. (1999)
– Participation in the Eucharist as a Conversation between God and Us as between Good Friends, STL Thesis. Moderator: J. Carlos, Coupeau, S.J. (2009)
Courses being taught at AC
Metaphysics, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Language. Major thinkers and issues: Aristotle, Augustine and Aquinas. History Courses: Medieval and Modern. Other: Introduction to Philosophy and Vatican II.
Areas of Research, Publications and Interests
– “Human Happiness and the Role of Philosophical Wisdom in the Nicomachean Ethics” International Philosophical Quarterly 42. pp. 467-492, 2002.
– “The Practical Relevance of Wisdom (Sophia) in Aristotelian and Contemporary Virtue Ethics”, Milltown Studies 55, pp. 113-141, 2005.
– “‘Being Natural’, The Good Human Being, and the Goodness of Acting Naturally in the Laozi and the Nicomachean Ethics” Dao, A Journal of Comparative Philosophy Vol. V Number 2. pp. 331-348, 2006.
– “Wisdom and Action Guidance in the Agent Based Virtue Ethics of Aristotle” American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly Vol. 80, No. 4, Fall 2006.
– “The Dao De Jing as Apophatic Discourse on the Dao as a Religious Reality” The Proceedings of the International Conference on Taosim at Mt. Tiantai and Zhejiang, pp. 647-654. 2008
– The One and the Many: A Contemporary Thomistic Metaphysics by W. Norris Clark in Theological Studies Vol. 63, 2002.
– Real Ethics: Rethinking the Foundations of Morality by John Rist in Theological Studies Vol 64, 2003.
– Aristotle on Teleology by Monte Ransome Johnsom in International Philosophical Quarterly Vol. 47, No. 3 pp. 369-371, 2007.
– The Cardinal Virtues in St. Thomas Aquinas co-authored with Christopher Kazcor. Sapientia Press 2009.