TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND KEY SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge and proven experience in project planning and management, results based management, design and developing M&E frameworks
- Mainstreaming cross cutting issues which include human security, sustainable developments, human rights, child health and gender responsive programming
- Good experience in food security, self-reliance, livelihoods projects, gender programming, social protection and refugees related issues.
- Knowledge and competencies on coordinating donor funded projects and programmes having worked with USAID in collaboration with Research Triangle International, Centre for Disease Control, War on Want (London Office), and the UNHCR, UNDP. Experience working for and with local and international NGOs, research organizations, public sector.
- An all-rounder with skills in transformative training, coordination and mobilization, partnership management, and proven ability to develop strategic partnerships with public, civil society and private sector for pilot and established projects.
- Excellent presentation, communication, networking and facilitation skills as well as in-depth understanding of cross cultural dynamics. A results oriented person with an ability to consultatively formulate recommendations for short, medium and long term interventions.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
|Masters in Human Rights Practice and Human Rights Law (2007 – 2009)||University of Goteborg, Sweden, Roehampton University, United Kingdom, Tromso University, Norway|
|Master of Science in International Relations (2002 – 2004)||University of Zimbabwe|
|Bachelor of Science in Politics and Public Administration (1999 – 2002)||University of Zimbabwe|
|SKILLS UPGRADING COURSES AND TRAINING
Introduction to Political Science Lecturer: Arrupe International College Jesuit School of Humanities and Philosophy Zimbabwe (2016)
- Prepare and deliver lectures to participating undergraduate and post graduate students on contemporary issues in Introduction to Political Science and Public Administration
- Prepare course materials such as course outlines and handouts
- Participate in professional and academic conferences as directed by the Dean.
Programme Assistant: Research Triangle Institute International Zimbabwe (2014)
- Building gender capacity for ten selected organisations in Zimbabwe
- Monitor gender equality outcomes and ensuring gender based indicators are measured
- Analyse statistics for results based planning and evidenced based programming
- Convene a gender working group to support and advise on the gender equality work
- Prepare written publications and thematic bulletins and project progress report for continuation application for funding under the United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Political Philosophy Lecturer: University of Zimbabwe (2010 – 2013)
- Lecturer for Political Science, Political Philosophy, Human Rights and Governance courses
- Assist in developing and updating course curricula
- Train, mentor, supervise students’ research and report writing
Project Assistant: War on Want London Office (2008)
- Report writing on poverty, war, human rights, injustice, inequality and unfair multinational corporations practices
- Participate in project management and strategic planning quarterly meetings
- Conduct organizational impact evaluation assessment
- Co-ordinate and manage logistical arrangements for the campaigns
- Website content management.
Political Analyst and Foreign Service Advisor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Government of Zimbabwe (2005 – 2007)
- Writing country analysis reports on political, economic and social developments for the SADC region for early warning
- Reporting on Zimbabwe’s compliance with Treaties and Protocols under SADC
- Ministry’s representative and contact person to the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights, United Nations Human Rights Council and SADC
Programme Officer Policy and Planning Social Services: Ministry of Social Services (2002-2004)
- Led, supervised and coordinated a team of social workers in collecting, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse performance, trends and target interventions for the underpriviledged
- Tasked with following up and reporting on progress towards the Millennium Development Goals in Zimbabwe and mobilize support for accelerated implementation as a board member for the Zimbabwe United Nations Development Assistance Framework (ZUNDAF) committee.
- Hobbies: Reading contemporary political science publication, basketball, tennis