ARRUPE JESUIT UNIVERSITY
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The following is an explanation of a statement of purpose:
In general, it is an essay that explains the goals, experiences, aspirations and academic and humanitarian intensions of the prospective candidate to the AJU Admission Committee. Please note that the format of the essay should not be single statements or bullet points. It should be your best articulation of your reason for seeking admission to the university and why the university should consider your application.
The essay should be concise and direct responding adequtely to the following questions.
- Who are you and where are you from?
- What do you want to study at the university?
- Why do you want to study this degree?
- Why did you choose this particular department or school?
- What kind of academic or non-academic experience do you have or what kind of skill sets do you have that qualifies you to apply to this program?
- What additional knowledge and skills are you planning to gain from this program?
- What are you planning to do with the degree or certificate after your graduation?
- What is your expectation from the department and the university?
- For the Bachelors degrees: what is your major area of study (major concentration) and your minor area of study (minor concentration )?
- For Masters/Doctorates: are there any professors or lecturers in the department that you intend to work with in your research?
- For Masters/Doctorates: what is your area of concentration in your studies?
- What and how will you contribute to the development of knowledge and life in the university
- If given this opportunity, what will you do with it?
- Why should the university consider your application?
If you have any difficulties, please contact the Dean’s Office: firstname.lastname@example.org