Students, IT professionals, Security personnel who want to venture into the computer forensic and cyber security.
Entry Requirements: Knowledge of Information Technology fundamentals (computer hardware, operating systems, applications, and networking) is needed. One can be exempted if he/she has some experiences in the IT areas.
- To correctly identify appropriate instances for the application of computer forensics
- Correctly collect and analyze computer forensic evidence
- Identify the essential and up-to-date concepts, algorithms, protocols, tools, and methodology of Computer Forensics
- Understand the threats in web, mobile, networks and security concepts.
- Apply authentication applications in different networks.
- Understand security services for email as well as mobile devices and their applications.
- Awareness of firewall and it applications.
- How to use typical forensic investigation tools
The courses covers four main modules which are:-
Module I: Computer foundations
Module II: Cyber-crime and Computer crime
Module III: Computer forensics
Module IV: Forensic Tools and Processing of Electronic Evidence
Module V: Cyber Tools and Tracking
Module VI: Analysis and Registry
The course to be covered over six months. Upon completing the course, students can be engaged in IT security organization were they can apply the taught course in various forums such as security, investigations, forensics, criminology, etc.